13262538

My children are currently under a care order my situation has

my children are currently under a care order my situation has changed for the better and I want them to return home how do I discharge the order
How old are the children and when was the Care Order made?
What has changed since then?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was an alcoholic have now not been drinking for over a year the care order was made in may 2014 I have also moved closer to my family so they would offer great support to the children are 14 13 10

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the children are 10 14 13 they have been on care order since may2014 as Im an alcoholic im now in recovery and have been for over a year I have also moved closer to my parents whom are very supportive I believe I am now well enough for the children to return to my care that's the only reason they were taken from me which was on emotional abuse which is not quite true I in other ways proved to be a good parent I want to discharge the order but don't know how to go about it

Well done - that cannot have been easy
Where are the children placed at the moment and what contact do you currently have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I see them six to seven times a year they are all together with a foster parent

When is the next LAC review?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i don't know what that is I have to go to a meeting in july which is a children in care review

Yes that is the Review that I am speaking about.
What happened at the last one?
When did you last see the children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

in febuary I see them every school holiday for three hours nothing really happened at last meeting it was just spoke about childrens schools no other changes really

What evidence do you have that you have not has any alcohol in the last year?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i can get doctors report as I was at end of liver disease stage but now I have stopped things have improved im also willing to have hair tests and blood tests which I have also had done at doctors my blood that is

Well done - I know that can't have been easy to do - especially in the circumstances.
Your starting point is to get a written report from your Doctor confirming the medical position and that you are no longer drinking
If there were other issues then you need to show that you have addressed those as well.
Then make an appointment to see Social Services and say that you wish to be re-assessed as you intend to apply to have the Orders discharged.
Once that is underway then you can go and see the solicitor who represented you originally as you may well be entitled to legal aid for the fight to have them back.
i hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details