tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with 9 years experience of family law issues.
73598664

Would someone whose name is ***** ***** the property Deed be entitled

Would someone whose name is ***** ***** the property Deed be entitled to half of the proceed in the event of a divorce, even though has been married for 20 years and have mainly been paying the mortgage ?.
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I can answer this for you.
On a divorce all assets will be taken into account, whether owned by one party or both.
Whilst I appreciate its not part of your question I thought I'd provide a link for you to a video that runs through how finance and assets are dealt with on a divorce: http://www.divorce.co.uk/your-finances
I hope this answers your question. If so please do remember to rate the answer as highly as you can for me. If not and you wish to ask for clarification on any part of my answer then please feel free to do so.
Tony