13262538

How can I arranged shared care with my nearly ex husband?

My name is ***** *****
How old are the children and how do you see the arrangements working?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have 2 boys 15 and nearly 13, I would like shared care, as my youngest son has educational needs, and I'm finding it very hard on my own.

at present he has 1 son on a Tuesday and 1 on a Thursday. And every other weekend bringing the children back at 7 pm on a Sunday.

I would like shared care as in we each have a week each

Will your ex agree to this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I haven't asked him yet as I was seeing the legal side of things but I don't think he will, that's why I wanted to see where I stand before I start any thing

I am so sorry but your ex cannot be forced to have the children more often than he wishes to, and indeed it is entirely up to the 15 year old what time he spends with each of you.
Obviously you can ask him to help out more with the younger child - and the starting point is to discuss this with him using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
but apart from that your options are limited I am afraid
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't understand how this is fair, he is their father. So I can't apply for shared care?

I agree that it is not fair - but sadly you cannot force him to have the children - applying for shared care will not achieve that I am afraid
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank-you very much for your advice

You are welcome - I hope he does step up and take more responsibility to assist you