Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

Can a 16 year old live independently without parental consent,

Customer Question

Can a 16 year old live independently without parental consent, if the 'Care & Controller' and residential parent is abusive?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
In Scotland a 16 year old can live independently of his or her parents.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I should then have said England

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry this isn't helpful as I know that a 16 year old can live in UK. I also know that this has to be with parental consent. But my question is that if the care and controller is abusive, can my daughter's wish to live independently (without her carer's consent) be granted. This is for England. Not Scotland or Ireland etc

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
In Scotland a 16 year old has no care or controller and is deemed to be an adult which is what my answer was intended to convey, as your question was sent to the Scots law section of JustAnswer.
I am transferring you to the English section where one of my English colleagues will help you.