13262538

I think that my partner and I are splitting up we have a 2

Customer Question

I think that my partner and I are splitting up we have a 2 year old daughter .. I don't want my partner to have 50:50 as I think she should spend more time with her mother, and have routine so I think every other weekend to start, and maybe a night in the week ?
Who has had the day to day care of the child until now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She goes to grandparents on a Monday and Thursday and nursery on a Tuesday and Thursday and Friday I have her if I don't have to work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
M daughter goes to grandparents Monday and Thursday, nursery Tuesday and weenesday and I try and have her on a Friday but sometimes I have to work ... Is that all taken into account ?
What hours do you and your ex each work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lew takes her to the grandparents and picks her up, the other days he usually leaves early about 7 ? I work 9-5.30 and flexible on a Friday ? If she has never been poorly I've picked her up from nursery ?
Does this have a bearing on the decision ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am also pretty flexible with start and finish times the whole week

You are correct - the research from Australia shows that a 50/50 split of time is not necessarily in the best interests of the child
However it is clear that your partner plays a large part in the care of the child - so making the weekend Friday to Monday and agreeing one night a week would be a reasonable offer.
You should try and discuss matters with him using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details