13262538

I am married Islamically to my husband and I have a child before

I am married Islamically to my husband and I have a child before I met him and we wanted him to adopt my son. My son is three years old and I have no contact with his father he doesnt come and see him or spend any money on him . My ex caused me a lot of troubles so I reported him to the police and I have got to court orders against him 1. injunction order 2. restraining order . Can my husband adopt my son ? will he have a chance to adopt him? my husband is the only family that i got in this family . What is the process of doing the adoption ? many thanks
Do you intend to go forward with a Civil marriage as well?
Is the child's father named on the birth certificate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello , thank you for your reply .

we tried getting married in Grenta green but gretna green registry office refused us getting married because the ID issue they asked for my partner passport and my partner doesn't have a passport because he is Kuwaiti bidoon and he claimed for asylum and he's still waiting for their decision so we couldn't go ahead with getting married. The only form of ID that he got is his asylum registration card which shows his date of birth picture of him his name and nationality " the home office gave it to him" and his papers from the home office.

Yes , the name of the father is in my son birth certificate.

When did you try and get married?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

11/3/2015

And the Registrar would not accept that identification evidence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no they said they can't accept it

zainab

HI
Where do you believe the biological father to be - and will he agree to the adoption?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello

in manchester the same city that we live in - I don't know but I don't think he will agree just because he doesn't like to see us happy he said few times when we just broke up i don't want to see you happy and i will ruin your life

When did he last see the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A year ago for one minute. Because he came to my house and started arruging with me and he started saying that he will ruin my life and take my kid away from me and he broke my garden gate so I rang the police on him and even before that time he doesn't come and see him or ask for an arrangement to see my son and never helped out with anything towards my son
It is not going to be possible for your husband to adopt the child until his Immigration Status has been resolved
Once that has been accomplished then you can approach the Adoption section of your local Children's Services who will explain the process to you.
They will approach the biological father and determine his wishes, however the Court can overrule his objections if they consider that the adoption is in the best interests of the child.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details