13262538

Having taken care of mums finances and had power of attorney

Customer Question

having taken care of mums finances and had power of attorney until she paased away am i obliged to give my brother who a breakdown of all cash and expenses over thet period
Who is the Executor of the Will?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my two brothers, one of who is askingfor this information

May I ask - have you already given an overview of the financial position?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Excellent.
I apologise for asking this and please do not take offence - was there anything at all in those accounts that would make a reasonable person ask for more information?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no

In that case - no you do not need to give him anything other than an Overview of any gifts made on her behalf and where monies (if any) are invested.
Only if he can show that there is real cause for concern would the Court Of Protection demand an accounting.
I hope that this is of assistance
please ask if you need further details
I am sorry that you feel my service was poor meaning that I get no credit for my time and which is not necessary for and does not trigger a refund.
I am not sure what further information you need about your position - but will be happy to answer any queries as part of the original question if you could explain what you would like to know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the advise was good but the length of time in answering was appalling.. i said it was urgent and high priority but took 4 days to get n answer..i needed an answer urgently and could have got faster service locally.

Unfortunately we are all working lawyers which means we can only be online when we are available.
As things stand the site will retain all the money that you have paid unless you process a refund.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i accept your explaination but am still disappointed with the slowness of receiving my answer.. however i have up graded what i think of the service and the answer is what i hoped ..you get payment as no one should work for nothing.

Thank you - and I agree the time you waited was unacceptable.
One last point - he will bully and threaten you - stay as calm as you can when dealing with him