13262538

I want to drop charges to my husband who asulted myself and

Customer Question

I want to drop charges to my husband who asulted myself and my son age 14. He has been charged with criminal assault on me and ABH on my son. I am seen as the protective parent with social services. He is on bale conditions at the moment till his court date. What would the implications be?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Happy to wat
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Do you understand that the choice is not yours to make - the CPS can go ahead regardless?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I f I was an in willing whitness can cps or court take it further or drop charges as now I will loose my house has he will loose his job. I am in more danger now with the authorities being invoked than being with my husband. Please advise what I can do
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid it is for CPS to decide whether or not to go ahead with you as an Unwilling Witness - but they are likely to do so given the alleged assault on your son.
In addition if you try and withdraw the Charges then there is a good chance that Social Services will wish to remove the child from your care
If you still wish to go ahead then you must NOT let the Police know you wish to with draw your statement as they will then ensure that you are served with a Witness Summons and will HAVE to attend Court.
If that does happen then you need to remember that whilst you do have to attend Court and go into the Witness Stand at that point you can simply say that you do not remember anything.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so if I Iam in court can I say can't remember to everything.
How much trouble could I get in? Is this my best option? Will this mean he may get a lighter sentence or not guilty ? Also if his name is reported
In the papers he will loose his job and this means I won't loose my house. so what can I do to stop this, can you ask the court. I have heard you can do this if there could be implications financially
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but no you cannot prevent his name form being reported unless he is found not guilty - but you can simply say you do not remember what happened.
You will still face potential problems with Social Services however
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Due to this court case he has lost his job. He has been paid out 30k
In a private bank account. How can I stop him spending it as we are still married. Not decided yet to file for divorce
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then I am afraid that you cannot stop it in anyway.
However within the financial side of the divorce he will have to account for it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just one last question. He pleaded guilty to the assault on my son but pleeded not guilty to common assault on me. New court date July so can I now drop charges on me to try and end this earlier
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It is not up to you - the position remains as set out above