James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

My partner andI are currently cohabiting. He is still

Customer Question

My partner and I are currently cohabiting. My partner is still completing the financial settlement. My partner is living in my property and currently pays towards the bills (effectively rent). There is no rental agreement. Does this effect my partners financial settlement. There are no dependants, a non dependant at university. The ex partner still lives in the matrimonial home and there is equity in the property, an elderly parent of my partners ex lives also in the matrimonial home and my and the ex wife still works. Does this leave my partner vulnerable to paying more. Currently my partner is paying maintenance even though no dependants are involved.

How much do your partner and his ex each earn?
How much is his property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets are there?