13262538

My partner got a child from previous marriage and they are

My partner got a child from previous marriage and they are both muslim . now she is scared that if we move in together her ex can take the child away on the basis that i'm not muslim??
I have said that religion does not matter here and that he can't do that only on the basis of religion?
How old is the child and what contact does the father have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The child is 6 and the father only sees him for 3 hours on the weekend.

But her concern is that she thinks that according to English law that he can take the boy because i;m not Muslim?? That is what i would like an answer to if that is correct or not?

Thank you for your help,

Joa***** *****-lenander

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Claire,

But her concern is that she thinks that according to English law that he can her son away because i'm not muslim? That what i would an answer to if that's correct or not?

Joa***** *****- Lenander

No that is not correct.
The only basis on which her relationship with you could lead to the child being removed from her care is if you were a proved danger to children - which I am sure you are not
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details