13262538

My sons dad has my son on Tuesday overnight is it is

My sons dad has my son on Tuesday overnight is it his responsibility to get my son to school on the Wednesday

is there a court order in place?
How old is the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare

There is no contact order in place. My son is nearly 5 his dad has him every Tuesday night and drops him to me at 7am Wednesday morning I am then expected to take him to school.

What time does your ex start work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He starts at 8.00am and I start at 8.30am I am expected to take him to school 5 days a week I pick him up once and I pay for a childminder to pick him up 4 days a week. His parents do not work and live local so they could take him but he says no. My friend had the same problem and she went to a solicitor and they said that as it was his night it was his responsibility to make sure the children were in school the next day I just want clarification if this is correct.

Given those circumstances it is reasonable of you to say that if he wishes to have the child overnight then he must arrange to take him to school the next morning, and that if he is not willing to do so then he wil lnot be able to have the child overnight.
You should offer to discuss this with him using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
but it is a perfectly reasonable approach for you to take.
Please ask if you need further details