How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 204
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

I have a 14 year old son with ADHD/DAMP who has lived

Customer Question

Hello - I have a 14 year old son with ADHD/DAMP who has lived with me since he was 18 months old after I separated from his Bio-Polar father & he sees his father at wknds & holidays. I re-married when he was 6 years old and my husband has a 16 year old son who also lives with us. My son has been out of school since last June due to behavioural problems. The LA have just completed his EHCP which has taken 20 wks & I am now close to getting him back into a school. As things were strained at home with him lying and generally causing trouble at home I decided to move on to a friends farm in Cornwall (we are from MK) until a school has been arranged. Joseph didnt like having to help on the farm so has lied to his dad who has taken his "child abuse allegations" to the police & now assumes he has custody of our son. It is not a suitable environment by any stretch of the imagination with 2 drug taking lodgers & his father working nights but my son knows he can do as he pleases and wants to stay. What are my rights ??
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
i will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What approach are Social Services taking?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not contacted social services yet but I think my sons father has as he believes Joseph's false accusations.
As he is now 14 years old (although very immature) does he have aright to choose to live with his father ?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Where is the child a the moment?
What action have the Police taken?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The child is at his fathers house as he refused to come back with me last wknd. The police called me regarding the false allegations he has made to his father &I they called me to ask some questions on wed. I have come back from Cornwall & intend to take Joseph to the police station tmrw to have it explained to him the severity of lies to the police. I am also hoping the police can tell him as I have custody & permission from the local authority to home educate until he is back in school, therefore he must come back with me
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Have you arranged this visit with the police already?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I intend to arrange the meeting tomorrow morning.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I intend to arrange the meeting this morning.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
How did it go?

Related Family Law Questions