13262538

Most of my assets are in my second wife's name.Are they

Customer Question

Most of my assets are in my second wife's name.
Are they protected from my first wife if she seeks capitalisation as I approach retirement?
Did all the money for those assets come from you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No but about 40% has for about 4 years or so.
is there any evidence that this was a deliberate step on your part (an dI mean Evidence of the intent - not the intent itself!)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not sure whatnot mean but at the time I paid higher rate taxon the interest when she did not so it was driven by that .
That is fine - and exactly what I needed to know.
The assets will be safe - but of course it may mean that the Spouse maintenance remains in place.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would the maintenance be adjusted to reflect my reduced income in retirement and could it be supplemented by my wife's assets?
It cannot be supplemented by your wife's assets - but if the Court feels that her assets are in fact equally yours then they could refuse to reduce the maintenance on the basis that income from those assets should be available - although that is NOT a likely outcome