13262538

Can a 14 year old deside not to see there father how has parental

can a 14 year old deside not to see there father how has parental responsability
What has the pattern of contact been until now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

from the age of about 3years he is surposed to have her every other weekend Friday 6pm until sunday 6pm .One week in school holiday one week at easter and every other Christmas this was ok at first, but then he would let her down a lot .He would change her weekend at the last minute then not turn up,from about the age of 10years it did improve for a time but then he started to let her down again. When he does have her he goes jet skiing ,she is left with his partener or he goes to his friends takeing her with him She does not wont to go any more ,as he does not bother about what she wants to do. he says he will take her to the cinema or bowling but never does.

hope this helps

Has your daughter told her father how she feels - or does she simply wish to stop attending?
Has her father threatened you with Court enforcement?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes she has told him lots of times and put in a letter as well, she still wants to see her father ,but maybe once a week after school for tea. Yes he has threatened court action.

At 14 it is your daughter's wishes that determine what time she spends with her father.
You should arrange an appointment with a mediator trained to work with young people so that your daughter's wishes are brought to the negotiation
You should make it clear that you will abide by your daughter's wishes - as will the court
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details