13262538

My wife and I have separated, we have a little girl aged 2.

My wife and I have separated, we have a little girl aged 2. We are in the process of getting divorced, which is at the decree absolute stage. We have agreed a child maintenance figure but at a late stage she has requested spousal maintenance? We both work full time in the same industry earning the same amount (40k per year). She now has a family home as an asset along with a car and savings and a larger pension than me. I also have similar savings and a car but not other assets. Am I obliged to support her financially?
My name is ***** *****
Just for clarity - how much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare
She purchased the house a year ago for £265000 and I'm sure she took out an interest only mortgage for £140000. I can only assume the price of the house may have increased to about £275000??
Since you both earn the same there is no requirement for you to pay her spouse maintenance
Your child maintenance should be 12% of your gross income - less if you have the child overnight more than 52 nights a year
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details