13262538

My biological father was court ordered to pay child support

Customer Question

My biological father was court ordered to pay child support (£30 per month until I was 18 years old) just after I was born in 1986. No money was ever paid as he left the country to live in America just after this court order was given. Now, 29 years later this man wants to get into touch with me. I have never met him but I feel he owes my mother something. Because this was never followed up before, does it mean the order is null and void or would there be a chance that he has to back pay what he owes? I hope you can help with my query.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Sadly it would be almost impossible to enforce the Order.
Your mother would need the Consent of the Court to do so - and it is unlikely that it will be given after all this time.
Please ask if you need further details