How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 204
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

I own the house and I do not want my husband to live here he

Customer Question

I own the house and I do not want my husband to live here he is refusing to leave? does he have a legal right to stay.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long have you lived together and are there any children involved?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets are there and what income do you each have?
Has he been violent at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We have been married 9 years and have one child I earn the money and own 4 houses he does not pay me any rent he is verbally violent I don't love him the house we live in has 45k worth of equity
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
have you started divorce proceedings yet?