13262538

Me and my husband have separated and he wants full custody

Me and my husband have separated and he wants full custody of my son but he has been charged with attempted grooming. Would he get it.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i can but if it wont take long time.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Continue pls

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
How old is the child - and how did the charge come about?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my son is 5 nearly 6 and the charge came about thought server depression in which he was classed as suicidal at one point. he is getting help now for that now.

What ocntact has he had since the separation and what have Social Services said about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hes been having him on friday nights then till tea time on satuarday and sometimes during the day during holidays. they have said its ok for him to do this but if he feels not well or his mum thinks hes not well hes to stop him coming until he feels well again.

HI
Why does he think that he is entitled to have him more often?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i've told him i want to be separated as i cant afford devoice but he said it be wife or devoice that's it, no separation. hes trying anything to get me back but i don't want too. He keeps saying im a bad mother and if i cant make the right answer then how can i keep my son safe. Thats why i need to find out if he can get full custody of my son.

I thought you had already separated and lived part - is this not the case?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes we live apart he lives his mum and me and my son live with my mum and dad for 18 months now, but we are not devoiced as i can't afford it.

What income do you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

job seekers allowance, child benefit, child tax credit as i don't have a job at min but looking for work for round school hours.

Then you are entitled to apply for a divorce base don his Unreasonable Behaviour - you are entitled to fee remission so you will not need to pay any court fees.
You can read more here
https://www.gov.uk/divorce/file-for-divorce
Given the history of grooming there is no basis on which your ex will be able to take over the care of the child from you.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years