13262538

Clare, Thanks answers so far, I'm progressing with

Hi Clare, Thanks for your answers so far, I'm progressing with the valuations so I can send the pre-action letter. In the meantime, I have another issue at hand with my other property which is also currently let out. The tenants have been there for 4 years and they are fairly ok tenants as in the look after the place and I have a letting manager that handles any issues with them and the property. Over the last few years the tenant has progressively slipped in paying the rent, and at present is two months in arrears. They are consistent in paying the rent but they are consistent in paying it later and later each month resulting in the present arrears. My agent has been trying to arrange a meeting with them to discuss the arrears but to no avail and since the end of last year I have had to chase the rent every month. At this point I want to nip this issue in the bud so the arrears don't continue to accumulate, what would you advise I take as next steps if the tenant still does not respond to requests for a meeting? Many thanks Jane
Thank you for your question and for asking for me.
When is the tenancy next due for renewal
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's currently on a rolling basis, the initial agreement was for 12 months.
I assume that you would prefer to keep them?
Do you know if there is an underlying reason for the slippage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Actually just got a message from the agent that they've finally agreed to meet, I've not received feedback on the outcome of the meeting and will get back to you if I need further advice.

]That is fine - hope it goes well