How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 204
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

HiI am looking advise regarding a divorce.I

Customer Question

I am looking for some advise regarding a divorce.
I am current separated from my husband, and have been for 5 years. The mortgage for the property we bought back in 2007 is still in joint names., and we have no dependant children.
Is it possible to get divorced with the current situation, as I am not in a position to get a mortgage in my own name at present
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
is there any pressure for a divorce and is your ex happy with the current financial arrangements regarding the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My ex has not indicated that he is unhappy with the situation but I have a new partner and wish to move on

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Will your new partner be living with you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He already is