Familylawexpert1
Familylawexpert1, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified in 2005 and specialise in all aspects of family law, including divorce, finances and children disputes.
86025612

I am acting in person in child arrangements order and specific

Customer Question

I am acting in person in child arrangements order and specific issues order regarding my ex refusing to give our son prescribed medication. At Directions Hearing Judge ordered joint expert to be appointed to determine issue. I did not want expert as I was not challenging hospital assessment or prescription. Solicitor representing ex offered to produce list so we could choose expert. Now saying wont, that my ex doesn't want expert. Also refusing to draft order and letter of instruction. I've tried to find expert, agency now helping, but hearing in 3 days. Also I had threatening letter saying that Id breached contact, but was my weekend
Expert:  Familylawexpert1 replied 2 years ago.
If the court has ordered that a joint expert be appointed, then one must be whether you or your former partner agree or not. Is he still represented by a solicitor? If so, I would be very surprised if the solicitor thinks it's ok to ignore the terms of the order - have you spoken to them to confirm they are definitely not doing it?

As there are only three days until the hearing, there is clearly not enough time to instruct somebody fully before then. I would advise going along to the hearing and explaining honestly the reason for the delay and asking for more time to instruct an expert and file the report.

If you need assistance after this, I would be happy to help find an expert and draft a letter of instruction on your behalf. I would obviously require a lot more information such as the background to the case, copies of applications and orders etc. I do have personal experience of my son requiring life saving medication administered too, so I do have understanding of your situation.