13262538

There - i am a British citizen by descent but am currently

Hi there - i am a British citizen by descent but am currently living in Switzerland (I have never lived in the UK as before Switzerland I was living in South Africa). I am pregnant and am planning on having my baby in England as we have lots of family there. From what I can see on the aboutimmigration and gov.uk websites, if a child is born in the UK to a British citizen (and they don't specify whether this is by descent or otherwise than by descent) then the child will be a British citizen otherwise than by descent. Is this correct? Will I be able to obtain a British passport for my child then?
Thanks!!
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Yes this is correct
Provided your child is born in Britain he or she will be entitled to British Citizenship and a British Passport