Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I recently obtained a contact Order in respect of my two children

Customer Question

I recently obtained a contact Order in respect of my two children aged 4 & 6 years. The Order was granted in March 2014 and since this time the mother of my children continues to breach the Order. I informed her a couple of weeks ago that I would be going on holiday and therefore would not have the children whilst I am away. It would appear she has taken offence to this and stopped the contact I was due to have last week citing the children had a party and would not consider an alternative week-end as she claims I was working which I was was not!!!
It has been an ongoing battle to have contact with my children informally and since achieving the contact Order it appears nothing much has changed. I am frustrated and really don't know what to do next. I have not seen my children now for nearly a month and the mother has also stopped telephone contact so I am concerned as what she might be telling my children and more importantly what they are thinking as when I have had contact they have enjoyed the time.
What are my options if any? How long would I have to wait before going back to court and can I involve social services in this situation?
A concerned and frustrated father.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
What contact does the Order actually grant you and what ocntact have you actually had in the last three months?