13262538

I am one of four siblings. We are all part owners of our parents

I am one of four siblings. We are all part owners of our parents (deceased) house. one is living in it, paying nothing to the others. I would like my share now, as I am older than the others by some way. I did offer my share to them cheap, but none would take up the offer. how can I overcome this small problem.
Maralyn
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
As a joint owner of the property you can apply to the court for an Order for sale at any time.
There is no defence to such a claim (unless your parents's will directed that he should live there unchallenged) and if necessary the court can order that your sibling vacates the property to allow you to deal with the sale.
The process is set out here
http://www.slatergordon.co.uk/media/2347003/land-disputes-a-guide-to-procedure.pdf
An official letter setting out the law may be sufficient to produce offers to purchase your share
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details