13262538

My husband has three children from a previous relationship.

My husband has three children from a previous relationship. We have one child together. My parents have offered to give me my inheritance early so I can buy a house. It will be in my name only. I want the house to pass to my daughter when I die (though there will be a clause saying my husband can remain in it until his death should he outlive me). I want to protect against any claims that might be made by his other children. Please advise how I would do this.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
In order to achieve this your husband will have to agree to a Post Nuptial agreement that protects the house in the event of your divorce or death.
He will need separate legal advice before he signs it
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help. Would it have been possible to have put a pre nuptial agreement in place pertaining to a future (not yet purchased property) that would be in my name only?

It would have been difficult to word but technically possible
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. One final thing. Is it possible for my step children to make a claim on property in my name only after my death even if I am clear that it passes to my biological daughter?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. One final thing. Is it possible for my step children to make a claim on property in my name only after my death if I am clear it passes to my biological daughter?

Not unless you have been financially supporting them prior to your death