13262538

I am seperated from my 3 year old sons father, I would like

I am seperated from my 3 year old sons father, I would like to move away from the area to a different part of the country, can I do this ?
How is the care of the child currently shared between you and how far away do you wish to move and why?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The child has always lived with me, I was never married to my childs father and we have never lived together, he does not support me financially.My son see's his father Tuesday and Friday from approx 10am - 6pm. I would like to move apprx 200 miles as I would like a more peaceful life in the country with clean air. Thank you.

What support/employment opportunities do you have in the area you wish to move to?
What arrangements will you offer for contact?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my mum (who me and my son have always lived with) is going to join her partner of 12 yeas, who already lives there, they are going to run a holiday let business, they can accommodate me and my son, and employ me as a cleaner. My son's father is free to visit his son when ever he wishes. I am happy for to drop our son of to his father whenever I am in the area visiting friends or family

Your ex can apply for an Order preventing the move until the court has decided whether or not the move is in the best interest of the child.
You have excellent reasons for the move as you are moving with your mother; there is a job to go to and you will clearly have support in your new home.
However you are going to have to be much more proactive in terms of contact - offering a regular pattern of overnight contact with you taking on the bulk of the burden of travelling
If you wish to try and avoid a Court application you need to arrange to discuss matters with your ex using Family Mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details