13262538

My ex husband has sent me a solicitors letter demanding i change

my ex husband has sent me a solicitors letter demanding i change a holiday i have just booked with my fiance.
The background:
My ex husband booked a holidy next month to mexico with our three children and his new wife. (we have been divorced for nearly 5 years) my fiance and i had decided to take the opportunity to take a holiday without the children, and ended up choosing the same country ie. Mexico for no other reason than it was somewhere we had discussed previously.
unfortunately there is only one flight from Manchester that weekend, which is the same flight as the Ex and kids. They are sat at the front we are at the back. What legal argument can he have to ask us to change our travel arrangements?
How old are the children and are you at the same resort - or close by?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

The kids are nearly 18, 15, 8 years old.

We are staying at least half an hour away by taxi, with absolutely no intention of meeting up with kids.

Since my first message the eldest daughter has emailed her father telling him that they have no problem with this at all and in fact find it incredibly upsetting the way he is behaving. The fact his solictors letter states that i am not considering the children and that it is unsettling for them is quite clearly based on lies, the only thing unsettling them is thier father resorting to solictors. (sorry about the rant)

I think the rant is justified.
Of you are not staying at the same place then there is no likelihood of the court forcing you to abandon your plans.
Write a polite letter back saying that there is no reason why the children should be unsettled by this - unless their father causes upset with letters objecting to your plans.
Say that you will ensure that you do not intrude on their arrangements and will expect the same request from him!
Please ask if you need further details