13262538

My name is ***** ***** I have 4 sons to which my youngest

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have 4 sons to which my youngest is with ex partner and after 2 years of not being in his life he wants access ? My youngest who is eight has cystic fibrosis and his dad doesn't know what mess he's on or anything . Can he just come back after 2 years and demand access ?
What Contact has he actually asked fro?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He's ask for visitation and shared custody, he hasn't been around for the last 2 years and doesn't know what meds he takes as he has cystic fibrosis . I've not stopped him from seeing his son and have kept him updated with his illness . He's not even been to visit while he was in hospital
Would you be willing for him to see the child is the safety of a Contact Centre?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I would supervised visits would be fine. Just want him to be consistent in seeing his son and not showing up when arranged.
Although the law says that a child is entitled to regular contact with both parents this has to be consistent and safe.
If your ex does indeed wish to become a part of your son's last then he should be given the chance to prove it - and offering two hours a fortnight at a Local Contact Centre means that your child will be safe and your ex can start to build a relationship with him.
If he sticks to the arrangements then after six months things could move on - but that is a very big if.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details