13262538

I need some advise, my daughter is 2 years old. Me and her

Hi I need some advise, my daughter is 2 years old. Me and her father spilt 1 year ago, relationship break down and his drinking and aggressive manner. I let him see her every other weekend. Things weren't good constant rows as I just didn't trust him. He turned up a few times stinkingof alcohol so I said she couldn't go. He was violent to me one and I learnt he had been violent to his current gf. I then said I didn't feel happy her going overnight and he needed to prove himself. Anyways he split from her saying her knew it wasn't the right situation to be in for his daughters sake. So he carried on seeing her every other weekend but not overnight as he said he would prove himself. Anyways I've heard he is back in this relationship where there was drink and violence so I'm not comfortable her being there at all. I've supervised access. He doesn't want that so he says he is taking me to court. He has been told by his solicitor that his past will not come into it at all. Is this right ?
What is the current pattern of contact and where did it take place?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Contact at the moment is through his mum and dad on a Tuesday as they have her for child care. But before the last week he had been having her at his house on his own only in the day but not over night due to past experiences with him and drinking. He is back now I'm the relationship that was violent and he turned up smelling of booze strongly on a few occasions. I just worry my daughter could be vulnerable. So I have said I would like supervised contact for a while till he proves he is in a stable relationship and there's no drinking and violence.
Are you happy to let his parents do the supervising?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes , I just want to know if my concerns and worries will come into it when a decision is made re acces
His history of drink and domestic violence will be regarded as potential safeguarding issues and these are viewed seriously by the Court.
You have offered a sensible compromise - him seeing the child at his parents house- until it is clear whether or not his resumed relationship is stable and safe.
You should offer to discuss matters with him using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
You can read more here
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your answer. What prove will I need that this has been happening ? Regards ***** ***** and violence.
It is unlikely that and proof will be required - but any police records will be available to the court