13262538

My husband left me lady a few months ago. We have

My husband left me for another lady a few months ago. We have 2 children together (aged 11 and 14) and neither one wants to meet his new partner. Can he force them to meet her when they visit him?
How long have you actually been separated?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Separated for 5 months
What contact do the children have with him at the moment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He says he will see them every other weekend. It's a struggle to get them to see him
My apologies - I mean what contact is he actually having - how long and have they actually met his new partner yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He sees them 1 day each week but says if that is to continue they have to meet his partner but neither of them want to. They haven't met her yet.
Is there any specific reason why they are not willing to at least meet her once?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She was on the scene before my husband left and the children were aware he was spending time with her so they feel that she is the reason he left which is why they don't want to meet her. He's also changed since he's been with her and they can't understand why he's acting the way he is
Have you tried to encourage them to at least meet her once?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes but they don't want to at all. My daughter did meet her before my husband left me for her and she didn't like her at that point when they were just friends.
Tough question - and I don't want you to ask them just to give me your opinion- are they willing to simply not see their father if he insists on this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. They are prepared to not see him at all if he forces them to meet
Given their ages the courts will not force contact on the children if they do not wish it.
To protect yourself from allegations of having influenced them I suggest that you offer to discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
and a mediator trained to work with young people so that their views are brought to the discussions
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details