Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

We look after our 9 year old grandson (spl guardianship order)

Customer Question

we look after our 9 year old grandson (spl guardianship order) 2 years ago a contact order was drawn up and with our consent (stated on the order) contact was agreed and put on the order, headed BY CONSENT.
However recent events have caused us to be concerned that our grandson is being abused and emotionally groomed by his father, we no longer agree that the farther should have unsupervised contact because of this and that he can see him but only when its properly supervised.
We do not have time to go back to court we need to stop the unsupervised imeadeatly, can we do this or will we be in trouble with the court bearing in mind the order, or can we simply withdraw our consent to the unsupervised element of the order ?
My name is ***** *****
What ocntact does the father actually have at the moment - and what has given you cause for such concern?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2 sessions per wee one at the childs home and one at the fathers home for a min of 3 hrs per week.

and staying contact from Friday to sunday once a month .

Last mon our grandson told his head teacher we had hit him and that he wanted social services to take him.

We have never hit him, it transpired after a few days that he said his father told him to do it, if he wanted to live with him.

The head teacher and social services found no evidence to substantiate what my grandson said.

Last thur our son contacted social services and said I had hit his son and caused bruising, Social services investigated and said there was no evidence to justify the claim.

I have spoken to Social services and told them we believe our son is grooming our grandson on his unsupervised contacts.

Our Grandson has also informed us that his dad punishes him by grabbing and squeezing the back of his neck and he asks him to stop but he wont, I believe this to ensure there are no marks.

I have complained to the police and social services before that I believe our son is abusing him but our grandson would not tell us what really happened .

after thur when his dad lied to social services and they interviewed or grandson re the claims by his dad, our grandson has now realized he must tell the truth and has started to do so .

This morning he told his head teacher that his dad made him lie and that his dad was hurting him

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

are you still dealing with this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My apologies for the delay
What have Social Services said about contact continuing?