13262538

I own my mother in laws property and allowed her to continued

I own my mother in laws property and allowed her to continued to live in it. .but recently 18 months to b precise my partner who lived there come into money and we renovated it since to live up there. ..but my partner left me and made me nearly homeless. .A manage to keep my old tenacy agreement. .but finding fiance very difficult and I sstill have 14th. .Can I legally ask for him to buy me out as housing benefits won't help till my name is ***** ***** Morgan. I have been with him 17yrs but married for twelve but lived separately due to fiance issues from his pass wen he lost our first home reason why we remortgage his mum's property to try save our home but failed.. plus. Help
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage
Who lives in that house now?
Are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My husband mother in law at moment my oldest boy 17yrs old.property on good market 125000 minium to 145000 still outstanding.48000.due to pay off rest in 5 yr time.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Why did you buy her property?
What income do you each have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

He has 2500 month am on 978 month we bought property to help us save our first home. .which my partner lost due to business going bust. ..but in the last 3yr we decided to renavate his mum's house and live all together but I was aving second thoughts...my partner accumilated some pension money 60000 which we spent on property and a car.however my partner had obivosiouly had it planned to walk away thinking he owes me nothing other than leaving me the car..which I had to sell to pay bills and rent until a can get help of tax credits and housing benefits husband isn't even paying any maintance. .plus can u give me some guidance as I av lawyers on Tues and a need to av clarification on what am entitled too thank you. .

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Why did your mother in law sell you the house?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

To try and help us keep our home and that eventually if she died her son would get it anyway. .so she said you need help now rather later. .I had no plans of me and my partner splitting it has been a shock.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Did she sell it at a reduced price?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sold it to us for 88000 it's wat the property was worth at time back in 2005.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI
Was there an agreement that she could live there for the rest of her life?
Where does your ex currently live?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no written agreement. .my ex has moved in with her. ..All a want is wat am entitled to help to keep rented over mine and young lads head my income is not covering my out goings husband refusing any msintance or some kind of payment. .to help this is y am asking if there is anything I can do to get some kind money out of the Morgage? He's not playing fair and says am getting nothing he walked away 8wk now. ..answer please as end of my mind with worry and wat a do nxt wen a spk to family lawyers Tues. .ta.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi Marie
I am sorry I still need a few more details.
What did your mother in law do with the money that you paid her?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Gave some to her daughter and kept some and gave my partner some to try and save business so we didn't lose home. I

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How old is she?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

She is86

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

She is 86 a don't want to see anyone homeless but I am desparate for some help fiancally and he is not being fair. .A need to know if a can av claimants on house for future if anything happen to his mum? And if he has to support legally some way fiancally. .?pls can u answer a know u need in and outs but am not being malicious any form am struggling and he's loving it him and his mum are being underhanded with me in every directions.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Since it is clear that you paid full price for the property and there was no agreement that she could live there for the rest of her life you can indeed place the property on the market and recover your share of the equity.
How much that she will be is a matter for negotiation with your ex using Family Mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
if need be
The starting point is 50/50 but it is possible that the family court would award you 60/40 given the history of the matter
There is a very limited possibility of spouse maintenance
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years