13262538

My 15yr old step son (Connor) has started to be contacted

HI,
My 15yr old step son (Connor) has started to be contacted by his biological father (Rick). It has been at least 10 yrs since Connor saw him last and he has no interest in getting to know him. He wrote him a email at the begining of the year telling Rick this, but I don't think he believed it. Currently his Rick contacts him through my facebook account. My son has no interest in replying and I have to stand over him to even get him to read them, though I pass the messages on and talk to him about them. Rick has PR and has started to ask how he is doing at school (something he has never done before.) and messages have got more demanding and he has spoken of speaking to a solicitor. He has said he can just turn up at the house and demand to see Connor. I would like to know what if anything we have to do to meet his PR. Do we have to tell him about how school is. My son has asked that I just block him from facebook. Can Connor do anything, he don't like the idea of court. I would like to adopt Connor but know Rick would refuse consent.
Sorry starting to rant any advice on what we have to provide to Rick, or if Connor at 15 can refuse to see or contact him, (we would literally need to drag him.)
Kind Regards Brian
When will the child turn 16?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Birthday is ***** May. So he has only just turned 15.

Brian

At 15 it is up to your step son what contact he has with his biological father - and if he does not wish to meet him no one will force him to do so.
Technically he is entitled to information about the school - but you do not have to give it to him - it is up to him to contact the school.
Once your stepson is 16 his biological father will not longer be able to make any court applications
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details