13262538

I have lived with my partner years and we have now split

Customer Question

I have lived with my partner for 2 years and we have now split up. I need to move out now and wanted to know if I have any rights in the house or any monitory help from my ex boyfriend.
Are there any children involved?
What financial contribution have you made to the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No children and I pay the phone, tv and wifi bill on paper and any other adhoc expenses like the cleaner, food, going out etc.

Did your ex ever promise you a share of the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes he did. We were even going to get a mortgage together and have all the paper work but then he changed his mind.

What did he actually say about sharing the house with you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was all verbal, nothing in writing. He said that if I would go on his mortgage, he would share the increase in equity from the time that my name went on the mortgage. I asked him what would happen if the property value goes down and he said that he would then cover it himself. He just needed me to go on his mortgage as he could not take the mortgage out on his own and wanted his ex girlfriend's name off it. All I want to know is, after living in a house for two years, do I have any right to any monies from him as I have been paying towards things all over the place. Thank you.

Hi ***** am so sorry but no you have no financial claim on your ex as you have not paid the mortgage or for any structural improvements
You are entitled to remove any furniture you purchased from your own finds.
I am sorry to give such bad news - please ask if you need further details