Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My husband wants a divorce. He has been providing for

Customer Question

my husband wants a divorce. He has been providing for me for the last 11 years. He has been coming back to live with me on numeropus occasions, the last timelasting nearly 4 years. When we split the first time I asked for the house which he readily agreed to. He has a very good pension and receives approx £1800 p.m. I do not work as he told me it wasnt necessary for me to do so. If we divorce is he still entitled to give some money to me. He is 72 and I am nearly 62
How long have you lived together in total; how much is the house worth and what other assets are there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare

My house is probably worth about £350-380,000 but it is in my name and was handed over legally in November 2004. When we split in June 2004 we divided his lump sum private pension, he had the larger share. I think I got about £13000 and he £16000. I have now about £25,000. There are no other assets apart from a car (he also has a car).

Has he made monthly payments as well?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we have been married for nearly 33 years (6.8.82). Since he left in 2004 he has always made a monthly payment. Different amounts ranging from £300 to £600 depending what his circumstances were. He obviously paid more while he was back in the family home living as man and wife, but now he is paying £500 per month.

Has he said that he will continue the payments after a divorce?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

dont know. I suspect not. He will not want the house, I am certain of that. He wants to meet me to discuss things, but I wanted to know whether I would be entitled to anything from him as he asked me not to go to work after I was made redundant in March 2012. therefore he knows that I have no other income apart from his £500 and my sons £400 per month. My outgoings for bills before food and petrol and social are just over £400 p.m.

When you got the house what capital asset did your husband keep?