13262538

What rights do me and my son have to our home after

Customer Question

what rights do me and my son have to our home after divorce...my name is ***** ***** property and he wants to leave but is saying he has no money... He is in full time employment I work at home in childcare....we have been  married 8 years separated 2 years... i filed divorce with his consent...

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I dont mond waiting... xxx

Thank u

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Really need someone to assist me...happy to wait xx

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for keeping me updated..

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You have an absolute right to remain in the former matrimonial home so long as you are married - or there is a court order giving you the right to do so.
You must NOT apply for the Decree Absolute until the financial issues have been resolved
You need to arrange to have a Mediation Information and Assessment meeting with a local Family mediator as soon as possible
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
If your ex refuses mediation then you will need to apply to the court for the financial issues to be dealt with - which will either mean you remaining in the matrimonial home until your child is 18 or you cohabit - or the property being sold and you receiving enough to rehouse yourself and the child and your ex waiting for his capital on the same basis as for the matrimonial home.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details