13262538

If I remarry my ex-wife will she have a new claim to the property

Customer Question

If I remarry my ex-wife will she have a new claim to the property (house) that we live in.
On divorce she received a mutually agreed sum for her share of the house.This money was raised by me through an equity release company.
If we remarried and at some time in the future she wanted to part again the only way I could raise more money would be to sell the house. This would leave me with an insufficient amount to purchase another property.
Many Thanks
AJR
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
The simple answer is an unhelpful "possibly"
The actual answer will depend on how long your new relationship lasts; how much she contributes to the house - and what has happened to the Capital which you have already given her
It will not be a case of her automatically being entitled to a further half share of the equity
I hope that this is of some assistance - please ask if you need further details