James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

After divorce, by a consent order, I remained in the family

Customer Question

After divorce, by a consent order, I remained in the family home with my husband due to receive 25% of the net value of the property if I were to sell or when the children complete full time education.
He has failed to pay maintenance for our two children as detailed in the consent order.
Can I deduct the non payment amount from the 25% lump sum when I sell and what steps do I need to ensure that there are not any problems at the date of sale?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I would like you to continue and will wait for your further reply.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
When was the Order made and what steps have you taken so far to enforce the Child Maintenance part?