Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My wife left the marital home 3 years ago with our son.

Customer Question

My wife left the marital home 3 years ago with our son. At the time there was no equity in the house and a secured loan against the property. I agreed when we separated that I would pay the joint loan and remain in the house and pay the mortgage. A few months ago she agreed she would sign over the property including any equity as part of a divorce. However she has changed her mind and now wants a share of the equity. Will a court take into consideration the fact that the majority of equity in the property has been created through my payments as part of any equity split.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How old is your son?
What is the housing position of your ex?