Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My ex husband invited me into his home to discuss our son.He

Customer Question

My ex husband invited me into his home to discuss our son.He refused to come to my home and insisted I come to his. I have now found out that while I was there he secretly, without my knowledge or permission recorded and videoed me. Can he do this?

What are your concerns about this? (aside form the sheer unpleasantness involved)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare
What concerns me is that we were meeting to discuss one of our children. At the start of the meeting he made it clear that the meeting was to be private and not to be discussed or mentioned outwith that room. He then interrogated my child in the most horrible way trying to get the child to admit to something he didn't do which would have incriminated the child. I believe he was trying to shift the blame for something illegal one of his step children did onto our child because our child is under 16 and his stepchild is over 18 and from his point of view the consequences would be less.
It was a horrible situation and to later find out he had secretly filmed it, filmed me and my child, without permission not only makes me feel violated but I'm also afraid that when I'm not there he will intimidate my child that agreement will be coerced that our child takes responsibility on video tape for the actions of a step sibling " for the good of the family".
That is a very different matter
How old is the child and what (in overview) was the nature of the offence
What ocntact does your son have with his father?