13262538

I am a single dad and my daughter lives with her mum. I

Customer Question

hi I am a single dad and my daughter lives with her mum. I am on her birth certificate as well. where do I stand on applying for her passport, taking her to Ireland on the ferry using her birth certificate. will I need permission do to so as my ex partner uses excuses in the past to stop me.
I also have a court order for contact and my ex partner stated in court that she had no issue wit me taking her to Ireland though I gave her the money for the passport 2 years ago.
my email is***@******.***
What contact do you actually have and how old is the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have unlimited as long as a pay travel costs. Grace is 3 she'll be 4 31/1/16

has your ex confirmed in writing that you can take her to Ireland?
Does she know what you are planning?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

in court she stated that she was ok with me taking grace to Ireland but never got her passport. Since then I told her I would apply for the passport as I had given her the money 2 years ago to get it. She has told me i cannot but I have been told I can. I believe my ex will continue to make excuses unless I appu

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

she has stated in court that i would be allowed to take her to ireland last easter. i have made it clear that i still wish to do so as my parents are edlerly and my mu had moton nearoun disease. it has been excuse after excuse

You are certainly entitled to plan a trip to Ireland during your time with the child - but you MUST give your ex full details of the travel arrangements beforehand so that she cannot claim that it is an attempted abduction - so make sure you can prove that you gave the details
Since you have Parental Responsibility for the Child you can apply for a Passport - or as you are aware you can use her Passport on the ferry - although make sure you also have the Court Order for Contact a copy of the letter giving her the travel details
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just another question were do i stand on getting my daughter christened as my ex changed her mind when when she ended our relationship

You can have her baptised if there is a priest willing to do it without he mother's permission.
You SHOULD seek the mother's agreement