Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Clare, My ex and I have a son who is 4. We spilt when he

Customer Question

Hi Clare,
My ex and I have a son who is 4. We spilt when he was 1. We are still not divorced it seems to be going round in circles, I would rather things be civil for my sons sake so keep hoping we will sort thugs between ourselves.
My ex has suffered heavily from depression over the years and has mood swings so one minute it seems friendly the next it's not but one way or the other we need to resolve things.i am with a new partner and expecting a child so for that reason and also my son starts school soon I want things resolved.
Currently our son stays with dad one night I th week and then a night at the wend, usually a Saturday or Sunday night and Sunday day time as this was requested by his dad as its his day off.
He frequently complains about maintenance and has now sent a solicitors letter wanting a 50/50 spilt with our son. Could you advise if a court is likely to change to this?
I want our son to have a good relationship with his dad but I don't see how he could look after him half the time with his work (I don't work) he sometimes takes our son to work with him but as a regular thing I don't see it appropriate for a little boy.
I have suggestex when our son starts school that ed has alternate wends with us starting Saturday morning through until taking him to school on a Monday morning. Also, for his dad to have a night that suits him in the week. Then on the week when our son is with me at the wend for dad to have an extra night in the week.
Could you give advice if it was to go to court? It seems such a big change to go with what he's suggested also.
Also, as I'm currently pregnany all the stress I'm having with my ex is worrying as is facing a court battle, will this be taken into account at the moment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
just to add, my ex does not want to sort out settlement out either and Would rather I had nothing regardless of all I contributed. What I have suggested is very low on the basis that I don't want a big court battle for our son and want things to be amicable as possible. I'm concerned we could agree what I've said (which is against what my Solictor has suggested) then he coups always threaten court over custody etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I still havent heard anything is my question being processed?
How has your ex suggested that the child shares his time between you?