Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have custody of my kids f/t, my ex gets them 3 nights a week

Customer Question

I have custody of my kids f/t, my ex gets them 3 nights a week (only 2 in agreement) - this has been drawn up on an separation agreement. Kids have now decided they want to stay with dad to which i have agreed but he says he can't have them for 2 weeks. I told him this morning that its ok for him to have kids F/T but only if its starts from today. He is saying that I am only allowed access every 2nd weekend. I tried for this contact for him when we separated but agreed to his terms and its 3 weekend out of 4. I allow an extra night during the week. I only found out this morning the kids want to be with him. Where do I stand in enforcing that this starts now and not in 2 weeks time.
How old are the children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
4 & 6
That is very young to decide which parent to live with - how did this come about?