13262538

I have found out my ex partner has been taking our 13 month

Customer Question

I have found out my ex partner has been taking our 13 month old son out drug dealing with him, I have stopped him seeing as a result of this but wanted to know what I'd need to do legally to stop him from seeing him, could I get a restraining order or something? He does have parental responsibility as on birth certificate but the baby lives with me. He is getting verbally threatening as I won't allow him to see the baby now.
What contact has he been having in the past?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He has had access when he wanted, he also picks him up from nursery a few times a week 6-8pm while I work, he has done this before with him but I gave him a second chance only for him to do it again
Do you have any evidence of the drugs issue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No only him telling me he's doing it as needs money as he only on the dole, as he has become threatening and to stop him seeing our son and having the baby brought up in this environment I am willing to go to the police and tell them what I know so they can watch him and get the evidence I'd need
What contact have you offered instead?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's been two weeks since I found out what he'd done n I haven't let him see him since as I'm scared that if he's caught by police doing this while he has the baby with him the social will take him, he hasn't contacted me in the two weeks but has been threatening today with me as I won't let him have the baby tomorrow while it's Father's Day
Does your ex have any family members that you trust to supervise contact?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, if he had supervised visits with the baby at his mums he'd just take him and she wudnt be able to stop him, I know this is what he'd do as he always say in any situation what happens that no-one tells him what to do.
The law says that a child is entitled to ocntact with both parents - and the courts will enforce that - but the ocntact has to be safe and secure for the child
You need to offer contact at a local contact centre
www.naccc.org.uk
You should do this using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
If he continue to harass you then call the police.
Please ask if you need further details