13262538

My Husband and I are separated but still married but he

Customer Question

Hi My Husband and I are separated but still married but he is still living in my house as he is 85 and I don't want to disrupt him. I still get on well with him but I am only 65 and have been married to him for 30years. His name isn't on the deeds as it was in my name before he moved in. I know he is entitled to half should I sell but would it have to be sold if he had to go into a home
For clarity - you wish to remain married and do not wish him to leave the property
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What i would really like is to be able to sell the property and move on with my life but as he is 85years old I cannot do that. I have offered to buy somewhere with a separate annexe for him but all he says is I am happy where I am

You will not have to sell the property if your husband has to go into a nursing or care home.
You should however consider carefully what the position will be if you pre decease your husband.
Please ask if you need further details