13262538

I own my house jointly with my wife and we have equity of approx

I own my house jointly with my wife and we have equity of approx £300K. She pays the majority of the mortgage as she earns more than I do and I have done all of the wotk renovating the property as well as pay the food bills etc.
if we were to spilt up, would she be able to claim a bigger part of the equity ?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.how long have you lived together and are there any children involvedClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have been martried 40 years, we have two children but now in their 30s and living elswhere.

The starting point for division of the equity will be 50/50 - and given the length of the marriage the court will not vary from that - whatever the imbalance in your incomes has been
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details