13262538

Due to a major fall out my son has prevented me from

Customer Question

Due to a major fall out my son has prevented me from seeing my grandsons. I have not seen them since 2013 and this is really affecting my mental state. My oldest grandson I had every week at least once for almost 5 years, my youngest I have only seen 3 times since his birth in 2013. This has happened because my partners daughter made allegations to friends and my son about him and since has done no more about it, she will not speak to me. I was allowed to see my grandson for 6 months after this happened but then my son totally stopped all contact with me. I for that 6months did not allow my partner any contact with my grandson as this was my sons wishes. My sister has asked if I could see them at hers or my fathers but he is saying that he would loose his job if I had any contact with them. My son is in the Police force. I really dont know what I can do. Thank You
Are you still with your partner?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. After 30 years this is a terrible shock, I am in such an emotional mess.
Tracy
Are you willing to take action which would lead to the allegations being discussed further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I am not strong enough in myself to do this, I am so happy to see my grandsons away from my partner. I have also been told it is his daughter who should do this. If this is not the case then I do not understand why her family hasn't taken this further. I cannot believe with this happening only now she has said these things.
Tracy
Given that you had a close relationship with your eldest grandchild it is likely that the court would give you permission to apply to the court for a contact order
However it is likely that your son will bring up the allegations against your partner which means that there will be scrutiny and discussions.
Before starting anything you need to try and discuss matters with a Mediation Information and Assessment meeting
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help. As My son will have nothing to do with me I know mediation is out of the question. Due to this is my only course of action court?
Tracy
I am afraid that if mediation fails a Court application would be your only option - which would inevitably involve an exploration of the allegations against your partner