13262538

My husband and I have been separated years. We have

Customer Question

My husband and I have been separated for 3 years. We have sold our family home and each have a flat. I am 62 and my husband is 69. We want to finally get divorced as he is now expecting a baby with a 36 year old woman. We are able to sort out financial arrangements ourselves and obviously at this age want to incur the least possible expense as we are both now retired. Can we just go to a solicitor and say that we have agreed a financial settlement ourselves but just need it formalised so that neither party has a further claim and then get divorced. We do not want complications, lengthy court proceedings and high costs.

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You can start the divorce proceedings yourselves - the details are here
https://www.gov.uk/divorce/file-for-divorce
Once you have agreed the settlement then one of you can go to a solicitor and ask them to prepare a Consent order for submission to the Court
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you that was helpful. Can you tell me what information is needed

in a consent order form?

The financial form involved is here
http://www.andmediation.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Statement-of-information-for-consent-order.pdf