13262538

Divorce Advice

I've been married for 25 years, have a 14 year old son. My husband no longer shares our bedroom or bed (about 2 years) and has secret savings accounts. He is nasty and has recently made veiled threats towards me.

My name is ***** *****
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage
What savings do you each have (best guess) and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare

The house is worth about £170,000 with £20,000 left on the mortgage.

My savings are £6,300 and he has an ISA he pays £600 pm into (this year), previously he paid the full amount yearly (5200) for about six or seven years. He also has a savings plan maturing in July for 31,000.

His take home pay is £4800 and mine is £940 (I think that equates to £64,000 for him and £12,000 for me.

Kerry

What would you like to know about your position?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My husband says he will give me half the house and that is it. He leaves the military next June and is due an £86000 pay out and £27000 pa pension. Would I have any claim in any of this money? I can't afford to bring our child up alone on my money but not sure about maintenance. Also am worried about telling him as he has recently started making veiled threats towards me

What kind of threats is he making - and best guess on his savings?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

with the payout due his savings are about 55k

as to the threats. He says things like. When I asked him what was on his bucket list (after something on the tv), he looked at me and said "apart from killing certain people, nothing"

then last weekend when I said it was about time I spoke to his commanding officer he said "you'll be the one to suffer in the long term"

I don't know how to take these or what he would do when I said I was instigating divorce proceedings

kerry

Your ex is wrong.
You are entitled to half of ALL the assets - including half of 25 years worth of his pension
In addition on top of the Child maintenance (12% of his gross income) you are also entitled to spouse maintenance.
You have sufficient grounds already to divorce hm on the basis of his Unreasonable Behaviour
You should arrange to try and discuss the financial settlement using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details