13262538

I need some advice with regards ***** ***** breakdown of a

Customer Question

I need some advice with regards ***** ***** breakdown of a relationship. The property we live in is owned by my partner and we have a young daughter. I have put a lot of expense into the house over our 7 year relationship and also pay £400 per month towards the mortgage and bills by bank transfer (stating what it's for) would I be entitled to anything as we are not married?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How old is the child and who has her day to day care
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare
The initial mortgage was for £165k however the house after work is worth in excess of £250k market value. I would say approx £115 is left on mortgage although this is just an estimate. My partner has several businesses and other assets which I have no interest in,I just really want to see where I stand legally with regards ***** ***** house and everything ive put into it over the years.
Our daughter is 4 and in nursery at present. I work part time but take full care duties due to my partners long and demanding work,
Kate
HI
What monies have you paid into the property (other than the £400 a month)
Does your partner own other residential properties
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ive bought around 50% of the furniture for which I have receipts/online confirmations,I also buy all grocery shopping and any items needed with regards ***** ***** daughter eg clothing,trips,lunches. Also have proof for most of that too. He has another property which I have no interest in,all im interested in is to be able to give my daughter a home
How much is the monthly mortgage on the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Around £490 per month. Is this thread confidential between just the 2 of us?
I am afraid that you have no financial claim on the property at all.
You do retain ownership of all the furniture and other items you have purchased.
However your ex is under a duty to help you house your child until the child is 18 and this could mean you remaining in the property until then
Clearly the financial issues will need to be negotiated - you may chose to live there rent free instead of claiming child maintenance for instance.
You shoudl try and discuss this with him using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details